Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services, in collaboration with its member communities, will assist at supporting, promoting, and working alongside existing community prevention programs. Our vision is to ensure that all our member communities have necessary prevention programs that are meeting the unique, cultural, and individual needs of each community to enhance the lives of children, youth and families.
For more information please call the Prevention Team at 1-855-223-5558.
Services We Provide
- Provides departments with supports, to assist participants to customize their Sacred Shell Concept.
- All participants will be assigned a Prevention worker, who is dedicated to customizing your Sacred Shell Concept and Participant Portfolio.
- Prevention Workers will assist and liaison with community partners with program enhancements and team supports.
- Assist member communities with any programming, co-facilitate workshops, and other requests.
- Incorporate new programs in partnership with other First Nation Family Support and Wellbeing Workers/Programs.
- Any one within our Territory wishing to utilize our service can fill out a referral form.
Slow N’ Steady Program
This program is offered to all participants. We endeavor to provide all participants with a plan designed to suit individuals. Participants may choose if they wish to receive services from 1-12 months.
- Goal Setting Programs
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Self Care Programs
- Building Strong Foundations- Life
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Meal Planning
- Budgeting 101
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Family Trees
- Parenting Skills- Traditional
- Parenting Styles- Cultural Team
- Intergenerational Trauma